AERL COOLMAX SR MAXIMIZER™ MPPT
- What is an MPPT Solar Charge Controller?
- Why use an AERL COOLMAX SR MAXIMIZER™ MPPT
Solar Charge Controller?
- COOLMAX SR MAXIMIZER™ Product Brochure
- COOLMAX SRMVW/SRHVW Specification Datasheet
- COOLMAX SRMVW/SRHVW User Manual
Using an efficient Maximum Power Point Tracker (MPPT) Solar Charge Controller in your Solar Power System will harvest up to 35% more power over non MPPT Solar regulators and lower your capital costs by up to 25 % thanks to it reducing the number of solar modules required in the system.
AERL has been designing and manufacturing highly reliable and efficient specialised Solar Battery Charging and Solar Water Pumping MPPTs since 1985. AERL’s MAXIMIZER™ MPPT Solar Regulator, in fact, was the world’s first truly Universal Maximum Power Point Tracker ever to be developed and manufactured commercially. AERL has now supplied literally thousands of MAXIMIZER™ MPPT controllers to satisfied customers all around the world for use in residential, commercial, global, mobile and government off grid applications. AERL’s MPPT Solar Charge Controllers alone have now totalled an astonishing 750 million field operating hours and supplied an incredible 12 Megawatts of power (installed capacity) to customers worldwide.
AERL’s COOLMAX SR MAXIMZER™, the latest series in the AERL MAXIMIZER™ range, is more powerful and efficient than previous MPPT Solar Charge Controllers with peak power efficiencies now up to 99%!! AERL’s COOLMAX SR MAXIMIZER™ also now has a new revolutionary ultra-low heat, high efficiency thermal design making it, therefore, now the most efficient, reliable, compact and lightweight MPPT Solar Charge Controller on the market!
The use of solar energy, or photo-voltaics, to generate electricity presents an inherent problem: There is only one voltage and one corresponding current output from the solar modules that corresponds to maximum power output.
This unique point – termed the maximum power point – is continuously changing as solar conditions vary during the day. The power output of a solar panel varies almost directly with the amount of available sunlight, but the voltage and current do not vary uniformly. For example, as light levels are reduced, the current drops off much faster than the voltage until very low light levels are reached. As a result, under low light conditions, the solar panel may actually be generating 16 volts of energy, while generating a much lower current. Thus, if maximum output power performance is to be achieved, some means of following or tracking this maximum power point is required.
A revolutionary power electronic device, the Maximum Power Point Tracker, or MPPT, can be used to track this power performance. An MPPT can connect any photo-voltaic (PV) power source to any DC motor or DC battery bank, to maximize the electrical power delivered from the PV panels to the motor or battery. This can create immense benefits for Solar Battery Charging, Solar Water Pumping and a variety of other renewable energy sourced power systems.
The MPPT Solar Charge Controller reviews the output of the solar panels [the current] and compares it to the battery voltage. Using an algorithm, the MPPT calculates the optimal power that the solar panel can generate. This is converted to the optimal voltage level to maximize current flow from the solar panel into the battery, ultimately harvesting from the solar panels up to 35% more power than is achievable using standard solar regulators.
The patented AERL MAXIMIZER™ MPPT Solar Charge Controller, was the world’s first Maximum Power Point Tracker ever to be developed and commercialised . AERL Founder, Stuart Watkinson, compared his MAXIMIZER™ to a gearbox for an automobile. As he explained, “they both link the power source to the load, and permit the most efficient operation of the source by exactly matching it, at all times, to the changing power requirements of the load. The gearbox does this mechanically, whilst the MAXIMIZER™ uses high-reliability solid-state power electronics to perform a high-speed, variable, DC-to-DC electrical impedance matching conversion.”
- SIGNIFICANT R&D INVESTMENT: 25 years of R&D and several million dollars have gone into the making of AERL’s COOLMAX SR MAXIMIZER™ MPPT range
- ESTABLISHED REPUTATION: AERL MPPT Solar Charge Controllers already possess a long established reputation for being highly reliable and efficient
- AUSTRALIAN DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED: Local service and support
- WORLD RECORD EFFICIENCIES: COOLMAX SR’s ultra low loss, high efficient design with peak power efficiencies now up to 99% makes it easily the most efficient MPPT Solar Charge Controller on the market
- UP TO 35% MORE POWER: AERL’s COOLMAX SR MPPTs harvest up to 35% more power from solar panels than non MPPT Solar regulators
- ONBOARD DATA LOGGING: Twelve months of daily statistics logged onboard via one million sample point logging
- REMOTE MONITORING CAPABILITY: Highly flexible and efficient remote monitoring via CAN bus or Modbus interface options
- ONBOARD LCD DIGITAL METER MODULE: For local performance monitoring
- FRONT PANEL PROGRAMMABILITY: For easy set-up and system configuration
- WALL MOUNT AND RACK MOUNT OPTIONS: AERL’s COOLMAX SR is available in wall mount and rack mount options
- SMART MULTI-STAGE BATTERY CHARGING PROFILE
- ACTIVE TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION: Onboard support for active temperature compensation
- LOW BATTERY ALARM: Low battery indicator plus support for low battery alarm or automatic low battery switch- off circuit
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE OUTPUT VOLTAGE: For custom-sized packs - float voltage selectable in 1 V increments
- LOAD CONTROL OPTION
- MANY VOLTAGE OPTIONS: COOLMAX SR MPPT Solar Charge Controllers are available in voltages to meet nearly every application
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TYPES OF BATTERIES AND SOLAR ARRAYS
- HIGHLY RELIABLE OPERATION: AERL’s COOLMAX SR Solar Charge Controller can successfully operate in temperature extremes ranging from -20 to 50°C (ambient)
- ULTRA LOW RFI & EMI EMISSIONS: State of the art switching controller design makes for very low RFI and EMI emissions
- C-TICK COMPLIANT
- ROBUST AND RELIABLE: Mil spec conformal coating on both sides of the printed circuit board, sealed potentiometer, gold plated switch ensures long term reliability especially in harsh tropical and marine environments
- COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT: AERL's COOLMAX SR MAXIMIZERTM is much smaller and lightweight than other MPPTs on the market
- EASY INSTALLATION & SET UP
- EASY SERVICING: Custom made, compact, lightweight and easily replaceable plug-in control module provides for exceptionally simple servicing should a fault develop
- FULL TECHNICAL SUPPORT & SERVICE: Full customer technical support and service
- FULL COMPREHENSIVE WARRANTY: AERL’s COOLMAX MPPT Solar Charge Controller comes with a full comprehensive two-year warranty